Are you thinking about food all the time? Do you see yourself as heavier or thinner than how others see you? Have You tried several diets to lose weight? Do you associate shame with eating or not eating? All these questions are inextricably linked to body image and other mental and physical health issues.
Eating unhealthy foods or overeating as a process to calm down your nerves is very common. According to a survey titled ‘Stress in America’ by the American Psychological Association, 40% of the respondents ate away their worries to placate anxiety.
If you’ve struggled with weight loss all your life, hypnotherapy may be the thing you should try. Here’s how hypnotherapy helps in weight loss.
Sympathetic Mind Set (known as Fight or Flight) can cause Mindless Eating and Drinking
- Not paying attention or tasting anything.
- Peering into space, eating while driving, reading, watching, tv, etc.
- Not knowing how much and what you ate.
- Taking diet pills
- Consuming hot drinks like tea and coffee
- No experience of chewing, tasting, or swallowing.
- Frantically gulping down food without tasting it.
- Alternating between caffeine to keep up the pace of eating and alcohol to treat your sympathetic shock.
- Drinking cold beverages like iced coffee, Frappuccino, and fruit drinks.
- Disturb the disordered cycle of eating.
- Transform irrational thoughts
- Change coping mechanisms by expressing feelings
- Start healthy habits like eating clean and working out
- Developing positive and realistic attitudes toward body size, self-image, etc.
Areas Addressed in Hypnotherapy
- Feeling of being controlled by others.
- Feeling of being out of control
- Feeling imperfect and flawed.
- Making a strong spiritual connection
- Connecting with your inner child
Focusing on the need for approval
- Unconditional vs Conditional Love
- Codependency issues: real self vs looking good
Fear of staying deprived
Hypnotherapy to Identify Underlying Feelings
As human beings, we must develop a strong capacity to deal with and manage our emotions, which doesn’t lead us to struggle physically and mentally. This capacity is realized and strengthened through hypnotherapy as it taps into your subconscious mind and alters your habits and thinking patterns, helping you not repress your emotions. It’s because repressing your feelings can lead to:
- Conflict in Relationships
- Low Energy
- Stress-Related Illness
- Passive aggression
- Addictive behaviors
Expressing your emotions can lead to:
- Releasing intense energy
- Considering assumptions
- Clearing directly
- Clearly communicating what you want
As a result, expression of emotions can lead to more love, joy, spiritual connection, intimacy, and fulfilment.
Weight Loss with Hypnotherapy
At Advanced Hypnotherapy of Naples, our certified therapists take a universal holistic approach to weight loss and help their clients to attain a healthy lifestyle. Our hypnotherapy for weight loss management program is driven towards individualized goals, including cognitive and sub-cognitive approach to change. Hypnotherapy works to create change on a subconscious level, without the need for being on a diet.
For more information about our hypnotherapy services in Naples, FL, contact us now.